Hwange was left behind, and up with local buses, to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. Did not take too long and the lovely bus driver was kind enough to deliver me to the door step of the backpackers. Zimbabwe people are just so incredibly lovely. I took a “chalet”, which was the cheapest bed for the night. I  decided to walk around town for a while. The African Walk is a great place to sit and chill out. Lots of wonderful shops, cafe and art galleries. I met two local rasta musicians, who ended up teaching me to play parts on the Marimba! Not bad for a totally tone deaf and n musical person! They were even kind enough to tell me I never had a GOOD teacher! So there you go! It is the teacher who makes the musician!

The next morning I woke up quite early, and made a stupid decision to down load some unimportant stuff onto my gadgets. I have no idea what possessed me, but when I came back from the bathroom I decided that it was taking too long, switched the thing off and packed it all up! I walked to the Falls, and when I wanted to take the first photos of this magical place, the gadget was frozen! Totally and completely frozen! I met two Japanese men, who as we all know are knowledgable about these things, and they told me to go and find an Apple Store. What do you know? Apparently one must NOT switch off gadget while downloading! Duh!

Anyway the Falls were spectacular event, and I couldn’t brag on Facebook about it! I was there very early in the morning, before any other tourists, and it was just absolutely marvellous walking around in the deep roar, spray and mist of the majestic Mosi of Tunya (Victoria Falls in the official language). I spend about two hours walking around in total awe. Had some more Marimba lessons with the rasta guys, and spend most of the day finding a person who could fix my gadget! Found a store and a man, who needed to download the programme needed, and who started doing this straight away. The next two days I was told to come back every two hours so he could fix my gadget! However after two days of fart arsing around, he had only been able to download 60%! I decided to leave him and his download, and go to Zambia instead!

The crossing into Zambia I did on foot, just to see how I would go walking about seven kilometres with all my luggage. I took it easy, and it was no hassle at all. Also my luggage was still a few kilos more than would walk the Camino with, as I was planning to  send my last diary and drawing book home. I settled back into Fawlty Towers again, where the wonderful staff welcomed me back like a long lost friend. I had planned to canoe on the Zambezi river and to visit Chobe National Park in Botswana. I met a lovely woman from England, Frances, and we became friends immediately. She had been teaching teachers in Zambia and was now on the  way home.

We booked a full day on Sunday, canoe the river, a game drive and a booze cruise in the evening! The canoeing was wonderful, although we each had our own personal guide, who did all the hard work! I totally enjoyed but I did very little work! It was marvellous to be on the mighty Zambezi, very impressive and enormously wide river. We saw a few hippos and lots of wonderful birds, but not much wildlife. The game drive was a waste of money. Supposedly it was to be three hours long and we barely got two hours. Also we saw very little wildlife. The exciting part was that we saw a mother and baby rhino, a white rhino, for which we had to pay extra! The booze cruise was lovely, except a major big storm came! Just before the sun disappeared completely, the curtain lifted and we received a magnificent gift of another super sized African sunset! We drank too many G&T s, but as fun was had by all, it didn’t seem to matter at all! As Francis  and I had such a good time, and she was planning to visit the Chobe National Park as well, we decided to book our safari together! And that is what we did!